Mom Rubs Mayonnaise Into Her Daughter’s Hair For Aason Every Parent Should Know
Lice are very small insects which live in human hair and feed on blood drawn from the scalp. These insects are very contagious and very irritating but they are harmless. They release saliva, once they bite you and that causes itching. The wounds made of scratching can lead to bacterial infection. You can use some home remedies if you notice that your child itch its head. These remedies can help you to get rid of these unwanted Insects.
- Hair dryer –98% of the eggs and 55% of the lice can be effectively destroyed with a hair dryer. You can start blowing with hair dryer from the scalp and going through the ends. You should hold it on small sections of the hair for 15-60 seconds.
- Hot coconut oil – it contains lauric acid that has anti-microbial properties and can protect against secondary infections. You should heat some of it into microwave and then you should massage this warm oil with your fingers on the scalp. You can let it stay for 30 minutes. So then with a comb you can remove the eggs.
- Coconut oil and apple cider vinegar –With ACV you can rinse the lice-infected hair. When the hair is dry coat the scalp and hair with coconut oil without washing off the ACV. Than you can apply a shower cap and let it stay for minimum 8 hours. This remedy should be repeated once a week for a 3 weeks period.
- Olive oil – it suffocates and kills them on the spot. You need to comb your child’s hair in order to remove the eggs. After that you should massage the oil into the scalp. Then put a shower cap and during the night let the oil steep into the hair and scalp.
- Salt and vinegar -The lice will be dehydrated and killed if you use this two ingredients. You should pour ¼ cup of salt and ¼ cup of warm water into a spray bottle. Than you can apply this mixture on your hair and your scalp. After applying you should let it stay until the hair is completely dry. Afterwards, coat the hair and head with olive or coconut oil and let it stay overnight or more than 8 hours.
- Onion – they contain Sulphur, a chemical which kills lice. Blend the onion to make a paste, and then put it into a sieve, extracting the juice. Massage this liquid on the scalp and then cover it with a shower cap for 2 hours at least. Then rinse it off and use a shampoo. Finally, dry it with a hair dryer. The treatment should be followed for 3 days and then once a month for the following 2 months.
- Tea tree oil – 20 drops of tea tree oil you can mix into 2 tsp of regular shampoo and you can use the mixture when you wash your hair.
- Mayonnaise – coat your child’s hair with it and massage it into the scalp. Cover the head with a shower cap, letting it stay during the night. In the morning, ash it with a mild shampoo and remove the left-over eggs with a shampoo.
These remedies are proven to be effective. Try them!